The Foam Fire Extinguisher (AFFF) puts out a fire by smothering its flames with a thick layer of foam. It does this in two different ways: first, removing the air supply to the fire and second, creating a barrier between the fuel and the flame. Foam extinguishers are often used in areas where petrol or paint are stored, such as warehouse, factories and garages.
Foam Extinguishers can be identified by a blue colour band.
Where can I use this fire extinguisher?
The Foam Mobile Fire Extinguisher offers protection against the following fires:
- Class A – Caused by normal combustibles like wood, paper, cloth, plastic or rubber
- Class B – Fires involving combustible liquids such as petrol, oil paint and solvents
Where should I avoid using this fire extinguisher?
The Foam Mobile Fire Extinguisher should not be used against the following fires”
- Class C – Fires involving combustible gases such as LPG, Natural gas and acetylene
- Class D – Fires involving combustible metals such as aluminium shaving or magnesium
- Class E – Fires where the ignition source contains electrical equipment such as motors, switchboards and electrical appliances
- Class F – Caused by cooking oils and fats
At Fire Equipment Online, all fire extinguishers come with a 5-year warranty. All our products are also tested and certified for compliance. You can obtain a test certificate from our office.
Our shipping costs are calculated at checkout. As a general guide we can ship to the CBD for $15, with freight nationally from $15 to $50.
All our products are advertised as GST-inclusive.
Buy now for peace of mind!
We offer the best price on high quality fire extinguishers on the market.
Click here for fire extinguisher safety tips
Learn more about the most common types of fire extinguisher in Australia
Learn more about foam fire extinguishers here